The intrepid hosts of JPM interview Victoria Mayor Lisa Helps:
- all about quitting Facebook...and maybe what is next...
- we had a few moments at the end of our Social Media discussion...we changed course (about 25:45ish) and talked about bike lanes
City Hall in the morning
Cryptocurrency…Blockchains…nano wallets…what’s going on? JPM chats with global expert Kyle Mackenzie, CPA of Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting
"a typical crypto currency nano wallet..."
We just couldn’t help ourselves and did a deep dive into Blockchain technology and Cryptocurrency related issues with Kyle Mackenzie, Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting Partner and Global expert on Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
- Metrics Chartered Professional Accounting (Blockchain & Financial Technology Consulting) - https://getmetrics.ca/
- Kyle Mackenzie LinkedIn profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/kylemackenziecpa/
- "Blockchain Security: An Overview of Cryptocurrency Wallets" - https://getmetrics.ca/cryptocurrency-wallets/
- "Blockchain: Going Down the Rabbit Hole" - https://getmetrics.ca/blockchain-primer/
Well, we last interviewed Adam Olsen in Jan - 2015 - (http://johnpaulandmic.ca/e/adam-olsen-interim-leader-bc-green-party/)...clearly the man knows how to dress! So a few things have changed...have a listen to Adam Olsen - MLA talk about "recent" activities...LOL...this interview was conducted at the leg before the 2pm announcement between the Green & NDP parties.
Well...after several decades of inactivity...Paul Holmes & I slapped together a podcast...it appears and feels like we'll be getting off the couch & start regular podcasting again...it also appears that months of inactivity & massive aging has facilitated a complete lack of inhibition...so listen today for the chaos, tomfoolery and general disruptiveness that we call the John, Paul and Mic podcast...anyways...
- GREAT discussion about next week's (May 4th-5th) Social Media Camp...Paul Holmes is co-founder of Canada's Premier Social Media Conference
- we focus on the seemingly absolute lack of civility, ethics, morality in today's social media discourse...trolling...bots...meanness, anger...
- amongst the many great panel discussions & speakers at Social Media Camp, we talk about the May 4th "Political Panel" that will include Alise Mills, Sonia Theroux and Tess Van Straaten - #allfemalepanel
- some great quotes from this podcast...
- "the rules of how we communicate with each other have been re-written"
- Social Media has facilitated a "fundamental re-writing" of our society"
- Paul talks abouit another fabulous podcast that he's involved with - http://cruisenerds.net/
Both Paul Holmes and Kalen Harris represent the finest of an emergent new digital media trend that I will characterize as the "Community Commentator". Good politics and fair, objective public policy are manifestly the result of robust and balanced community input and dialogue. John Paul & Mic intend to feature these community connectors and the profoundly human experience that they represent.
Today Kalen, Paul & I chat about Social Media content and we try to figure out why it"generally" turns into such a mean and offensive sandbox in which to play in. Plus we talk about a bunch of other stuff.
Have fun listening and join in the conversation.
Political discussion abounds…what to expect over the next year…with politico & national pundit Michael Geoghegan
- US election 2016 - historical review / how did we get to Trump? / comparison to Cdn.Electoral system
- which candidate represents the middle class?
- lots of crony capitalism references…
- ElizabethWarren & VP Chatter…
- what is today's socialism…discussion…
- how might today's middle class angst manifest in next year's provincial election?
Well, it's been a while since our last broadcast...we've both been busy...nonetheless, missed doing the broadcast with Paul...so we're gonna try hard to get back to once a month...today's JPM is all about Social Media Camp 2016, an extra-ordinarily successful digital media conference in beautiful Victoria, BC. Paul is co-founder...
- Snapchat...what's going on...?
- Social Media Camp background organizational chatter
- SMC co-founder Paul Holmes digital business background review
- Social Media 2016 themes:
- Information revolution chatter & concequences
- ah, the humanity of it all
- texting...killing literacy
- abundance of video...
Successful Social Enterprise - The story of the Fernwood NRG & transforming a community - Lee Herrin, ED Fernwood NRG (Part 1)
- What are the core programs operated by the Fernwood NRG?
- What is a social enterprise and why does the Fernwood NRG do such a great job implementing this business model?
- Chronological growth and development of the Fernwood NRG over the past 15 years.
- In-depth discussion of charity fiscal operational processes.